Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 3

On the third day, after camping near Onion Creek, I will wake up and begin the long gradual climb up into the La Sal mountains.  I had to move my trip up a bit to the beginning of April, so there may be snow up there.  Just part of the adventure I guess.

But the most important part of Day 3 for me will be near the end.  Rather than take the boring finish of Kokopellis by coasting down Sand Flats Road, I am going to turn off on LPS and take Porcupine Rim all the way down to the road, and then ride into town.

Sure, cliche, tacky and maybe overdone.  But I really like Moab.  It has a good feel.  I plan to stay in town this night for a shower and a beer before heading back out for 3 more days.  I like good ales, and who would have thought you could find them in Utah?


A few of those should help after a few of these:



The route: (the bumpy part is Monument Valley for those that don't know)




This could be one of the more challenging days I have with the greatest amount of climbing, but then it could also be the best as it has my favorite piece of Porcupine singletrack integrated in.

Just hope for no snow.

No comments: