Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Where?

Someone asked where this is.

Well, I recently acquired TopoFusion, and with the help of the functionality in that program, I was able to stitch together partial GPX tracks for Kokopelli's Trail, Porcupine Rim, the White Rim trail and Gemini Bridges trail, as well as draw in the road sections.


These trails are near Fruita, CO and Moab, UT.  While Moab can be a bit of a cliche for a mountain bike trip, I have spent a total combined of about 4 months of my life riding there, so I feel as if I know these trails decent.  This will help on my first trip to have a decent familiarity with the area and trail types.  Also, because I want to ride in April and there will (probably) still be snow here in Minnesota.

There you have it!

(thanks to ScottM for making this great software.  I have been trolling the software sites for over a year since I bought my Garmin 605 to find one of them that could stitch and draw GPX tracks.  I found this one, and it was very inexpensive to boot!)

1 comment:

ScottM said...

Looks like a heck of a route! Awesome to see people using TF to stitch cool routes like this together.

Happy planning!