Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What am I gonna write about?

What exactly will this blog be?  Well to start with, you can see below that I like to carry gear.  Lots and lots of gear.  But because of a few friends, and a drive to try some new trails, I will be making an effort to try lightweight "bikepacking" this year on a few different routes.

Rather than copy someone else's gear list, I am going to try and learn as much as I can, make some educated decisions, and pick gear here based on what little I know about bikes, my experience with loaded touring, and some info thrown in from my rock climbing and sea kayaking days.  Strangely, there is actually a lot of shared gear between these sports and bikepacking now.

Rather than just provide a gear list and a route, I am going to work through this one piece at a time, and try and "explore" my way to a cohesive 20-25lb package for my first solo bikepacking trip in April.

No comments: